Lemon grass and green tea bridal shower soap
Rain, rain, go away! That’s the song we’ve been singing in northeast Ohio. I was disappointed that The Flea at the Evaporator Works in Hudson was cancelled due to the monsoon we had on Saturday but that meant I was able to make it to a family member’s bridal shower, so the weekend wasn’t a total washout. I made 52 blue and white swirled soaps scented with lemon grass and green tea as favors for the guests. This was my biggest and most complicated project to date and I was thrilled with the results!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Patriotic soap – My mind is on red, white and blue this week and I’m so inspired by the patriotic ideas from Soap Blog.
- 4th of July chunk soaps – These cute stars from Candle Making Techniques look like they would be fun to make!
- 4th of July fireworks – Who knew you could make soap look like fireworks? The Soap Queen, that’s who.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Raspberry sauce – Raspberries have the same life span as a fruit fly. Here’s a tasty way to use them quickly.
- Snape like you’ve never heard him – Hearing people talk after sucking helium never gets old.
- Pickles can make you less anxious – Now I know why I like them so much.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Independence Day is right around corner and that means outdoor fun and barbecue. Want to indulge without raising your cholesterol level? Try a vegan beet burger or a black bean burger. You couldn’t ask for a more flavorful experience!