Rest and relaxation have been the name of the game this week on Emmet Street.
Christine mostly slept off her Crafty Mart hangover and I took a sorely needed day off. I started some spring cleaning projects (closet purge complete!), tackled some overdue yard work and made time to read, read, read (a favorite pastime that has been sorely overlooked)! I also took in the show “One Radio Host, Two Dancers” which was great and solidified my raging nerd crush on Ira Glass.
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Natural Handmade Lavender and Tea Tree Soap – Summer’s coming and, if you have oily skin like me, that means breakouts. This soap from Rebecca’s Soap Delicatessen may be just the thing to keep my complexion clear.
- Nature’s Haven soap – This soap from i am handmade looks just like foamy ocean waves. I’m sure it smells delicious, too.
- Soap Rocks – If someone gave me some of these gems from Beklina, I wouldn’t be sad… and it would give a whole new meaning to “I got a rock.”
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Chickens in your backyard? – Obsessed with the idea of growing your own chicken eggs? These tips from From Scratch magazine will get you started.
- Build your dream – If this story about the man who spent 33 years building a palace using pebbles he picked up on his daily mail route doesn’t inspire you to build your own dream, I don’t know what will. (Side note: I’ve added going to see this in person to my travel bucket list.)
- I’m getting into full spring cleaning mode, are you? – If you’re working on your kitchen, pay attention to these tips from the U.S. Department of Health to safely clean and organize your fridge and freezer.