I’m excited to announce that I’ll be selling my soap at the Hudson Flea again this summer! (I’ll be at every show except July.) As a result, I’ve been busy in my soap lab making all of my customer favorite varieties, like Handmade Honeysuckle soap (shown above) and a few new designs and scents that I’ll unveil in the next several weeks.
I hope to see some of you North East Ohioans there!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire me. Check out some of my favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Mielikki – The Instagram account for Auntie Clara’s Handmade Soap is full of gorgeous soaps that, frankly, make me quite jealous. Clara Lindberg is a true artisan.
- Freesia – This delicate design from Long Winter Soap Co. looks like colorful tree bark.
- Manly Man Soap Set – I may make most of my own soap, but I’m also a customer. One my favorite soap shops is Rocky Top Soap Shop, located in Maine. I’m a huge fan of their soap!
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following Emmet Street Creations on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- How to beat the employment blues – This is a great read for any cubicle dweller who is feeling less than thrilled with their day job.
- Yoga goat – What could be better than yoga? Yoga with a goat!
- Pics from the upcoming season of Game of Thrones – What in the world happen to Bran? He’s all grown up!
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Sometimes a soap design, like the design for the Honeysuckle soap above, is a result of a huge mistake. Check out how I capitalized on my soaping failure.
This post shows what I was going for all long, but, I’ve since abandoned this design in favor of the one above which is a bit more sophisticated.