With several social engagements, seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens (awesome) and staying up to watch the reboot of the X-Files (awesomer) last night, this little soap maker is plum tired out. Luckily, I did find time to play around in the soap lab on Friday. I’m trying to formulate a soap that will help my own combination skin. I used Dead Sea clay (shown in the picture above) and tea tree oil. It’s still too soon to say how this soap turned out but I’ll keep you posted!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire me. Check out some of my favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Honeysuckle soap – Who made this soap that looks like owl eyes? Hallowell Soap Works, that’s who. I love it when swirls end up looking like something!
- Spinning swirl – Creative Soap by Steso made this amazing 12 color swirl. I think it’s very creative!
- Festival – Its a festival of color in the example of a spin swirl from Jabones Ramy. The color contrast is beautiful!
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following Emmet Street Creations on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- How to help the people of Flint, Michigan – Looking for ways to help the people of Flint, Michigan during the water crisis? This Huffington Post article has some great ideas.
- Story Corp always makes me cry (in a good way) – This heart-warming story is no exception.
- The wonders of bird migration – Every time I watch this animation showing the migration routes of 118 species of birds, I see something new. I only wish they had the dots labeled so I knew which bird is which.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Emmet Street Creations would like to wish a very happy (if belated) birthday to Dolly Parton. My co-blogger, Kelly, is a huge fan and she spelled out why in a post last year. She even travelled to Knoxville to see Dolly perform in person and to experience the wonder of made-from-scratch Southern biscuits.
Who’s your favorite musician and how far have you traveled to see them perform?