I’ve taken a bit of a break from my soap lab the last few weeks but on Friday, I jumped back in. Here’s a sneak preview of two new soaps I made. They’ll be ready in about 6 weeks! The red and white swirled soap is a remake of my peppermint soap. I went with a new look this time but it’s the same invigorating peppermint scent that leaves your skin feeling alive and moisturized.
Blue agave handmade soap
The aqua blue soap is a remake of a soap I made earlier this year using indigo powder as one of the colors in a striped pattern. In the earlier soap, the colors bled a bit as the soap cured so this time I went with a single color. Despite the fact that I didn’t like the last design, it sold out in record time thanks to the scent, called Blue Agave.
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Apple of my eye – Soap doesn’t have to look like soap. Each bar of soap from Handmade in Florida is a tiny work of art.
- Soap leaves – These single use soap leaves from The Soap Queen would make a perfect fall decorating accessory for your bathroom.
- Gemstone soap rocks – Rustic Essentials Crafting Library demonstrates how to make gorgeous soaps that look like rocks and geodes. Amazing!
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- FOMO – If you suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out), check out these pictures for a realistic view of what really happens in those perfect social media pictures.
- Walking tacos – I think I might feel like one of The Walking Dead after eating something like this.
- Lightsaber kittens – You may ask, “Does everything have to be turned into a Star Wars meme?” If it’s a video of cute kittens, the answer is yes.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner? November crept up on me this year, thanks to the warmer fall weather we’ve been having. If you are as unprepared for the holiday as I am, check out our guide for making Thanksgiving a festive affair (without hours of work.) Looking for some dinner inspiration? Look no further than our Roasted Brussels sprouts recipe. It’s sure to be a hit (and it’s super easy to make)! Not sure what to do with all of that left over turkey? We’ve got some ideas that will ensure your holiday bird doesn’t go to waste.