Last week, Matt and I took some time away from work to enjoy one of the newest attractions in Ohio. The Canopy Walk and Emergent Tower at the Holden Arboretum in Kirkland, Ohio. It took a little bit of convincing to get Matt to join me on this adventure. He has a fear of heights and these two attractions certainly are a challenge for that fear. The tower soars 120 feet into the air. By the time you reach the top, you are well above the trees and you can feel the tower sway in the wind. The higher you get, the more you can feel the movement. The canopy walk takes you through a lovely 500 foot walk through the middle of the canopy. The walkways do sway a bit as you walk along but there are railings to hold on to if you get scared. Both the tower and the canopy walk offer amazing views of the surrounding nature and many photo opportunities. I’m looking forward to going back during spring migration to see how many birds I can find!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Lemon blueberry yogurt soap – Yogurt isn’t just for eating. It’s also a wonderful moisturizing additive in soap! This soap from Modern Soapmaking looks good enough to eat.
- Lavender lemon yogurt soap – Lemon seems to be a popular scent for soap made with yogurt. I love how creamy this soap from Emily’s Homestead looks.
- Natural Homemade Yogurt Soap – I might have to try this natural recipe from Soap Deli News. I love the rustic look of the chamomile flowers.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Save the honeybees – Bees and other pollinators are responsible for much of the food we consume.
- Helpful dogs – I would do the grocery shopping more often if I had a couple of these dogs!
- For the Game of Thrones fans – How many differences can you find between the real location and the final product on the show?
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
I had my annual flu shot a couple of weeks ago. Have you had yours yet? If not, you might need to check out our tips to stay healthy this cold and flu season. If you still end up getting a nasty bug, our ideas for comfort food will help you survive.