This week I’m busy prepping for the Cleveland Bazaar at Market Square Park. I’ll be slinging soap on Saturday, September 5 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Stop down and stock up if you are in the area!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Negative space embedding– This soap from Handmade in Florida is amazing. It actually looks like our solar system!
- Embedded money – How do you get your kids to use more soap? Bribe them with soap filled with money or other treats. This neat tutorial posted on Soap Deli News (via The Soap Queen) shows you how.
- Embedding Soap: A great way to reboot a batch of soap – Sirona Springs gave me an awesome idea for salvaging my cold process soap projects that don’t turn out exactly as I had planned.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Recycling. You’re doing it wrong – Did you know you shouldn’t throw your plastic grocery bags in the recycling bin?
- Breakfast of champions – What do you do when you discover that a bunch of cherry tomatoes split before you could pick them? Wash them off, stick them in a bowl with some goat cheese, microwave for one minute and enjoy them for breakfast!
- Grow your own garlic – My favorite gardening blog, Old World Garden Farms, shows you how.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
It’s hard to believe summer is almost over. Labor Day is right around the corner here in the U.S. Are you planning a barbecue over the long weekend? Impress your friends and family with some tasty burgers, hot off the grill. Pair them with patriotic (and healthy) potato salad made with a tasty vegan mayo.