That tiny white dot near the middle vein of the milkweed leaf is a monarch butterfly egg!
For the last week, monarch butterflies have been busy laying eggs in my milkweed patches. I love monarchs and I grow milkweed every year with the hope that I’ll have a successful caterpillar. It hasn’t happened yet but maybe this is the year?
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Mariposas – Kokolele makes amazing soap and gorgeous butterfly inspired soap is no exception.
- Butterfly & Hearts Soap – I love the delicate and lacy look of this soap by The Charming Frog.
- Monarch Butterfly Soap – Here’s another beautiful butterfly soap from the The Charming Frog. The detail is amazing!
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- The science of cute – Next time your boss catches you looking at cute animals online, just tell them it’s scientifically proven to make you more productive.
- Rudeness is contagious – Just be kind.
- Watch your tone – This would be a useful tool for those times when being kind is difficult.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
When I’m in a mental slump at work or at home, there really is nothing like furry animals doing adorable things to a catchy soundtrack to break me out of it. The one animal that is guaranteed to put a smile on my face is the sloth. A 30-second video of a sloth eating an almond leaf is all I need brighten my day. Even Sir David Attenborough can’t resist the slow moving power of the sloth!
What’s your favorite way to unwind after a rough day at work?