I’ve been inspired by rainbows lately. Between the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on gay marriage, the debate over the perfectly timed rainbow at The Grateful Dead concert and the copious amount of rain we’ve had in Ohio the last few weeks, rainbows are everywhere! Last year, I made a rainbow inspired soap that sold out quickly. Now is the perfect time to give a rainbow soap another try! I’ve been scouring the internet for rainbow inspiration. Take a look at some of the cool stuff I found.
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us and rainbows are a common theme. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Modified Hanger Swirl Rainbow Soap – Check out the bright color contrast of this soap from modersoapmaking.com. It’s beautiful!
- Springtime Rainbow Soap – I “heart” this bright and cheery soap from Soapylove.
- Kaleido-Soap Rainbow Colored Soap – This pretty soap from KBShimmer has such a clever name.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Instagram, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Double rainbow – I found this awesome double rainbow last year. What does this mean?
- Rainbow colors – Colorants for soap come in all the colors of the rainbow.
- Floor-bow – Sometimes rainbows appear in the strangest places. This rainbow was projected through my front door peephole onto my carpet.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Eating the rainbow is an important way to stay healthy and feel great. This picnic friendly five bean salad is a colorful way to get red, green and yellow into your diet. For orange, try a butternut squash burger. Blueberries are my favorite blue food and a salad made with them is always the bees knees.