It’s been another busy week on Emmet Street. I’ve been ecstatic that it’s finally peony season in my garden and, as you can see from the picture above, have finally gotten the chance to bring those beauties indoors.
Christine’s been busy planting her vegetable garden. She finally had time to plant her tomato plants and is looking forward to trying some new recipes when the harvest begins.
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Peony soap – This sculptural soap from The Charming Frog, is an enchanting representation of my favorite springtime flower.
- Simple Droplet Effect Cold Process Soap – I love the color combinations and droplet effect soap making technique shown in this Soap & Restless blog post.
- In-The-Pot Nebula Swirl Cold Process soap – I love how this soap from Om Nom Soap turned out. It almost has the look of natural stone.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Roasted asparagus, it’s what’s for dinner – Christine got creative in the kitchen, coming up with a clever way to use the garlic scapes she harvested from her backyard garden. Looks yummy!
- Love Caprese salad? Try this version – Swapping watermelon for the tomato used in the traditional Caprese salad looks like the perfect summer appetizer or light meal.
- Anthony Bourdain, how do I love thee? Let me count one way – Anthony Bourdain agreed to invest in the web magazine Roads & Kingdoms and will also act as editor of one the features, Dispatched. Apparently, this deal was the result of a sake-inspired email from the site founder asking Bourdain to invest. I wonder if a Vitamin Water Zero (Squeezed)-fueled email to Bourdain would get me a job as a contributing writer or, at least, his personal assistant?
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Not only are we in full-on peony season here in northern Ohio, we’re also in prime strawberry season! Why not make this vegan and gluten-free strawberry pie with those surplus berries! Blueberries won’t be far behind, this blueberry grain salad recipe is the bee’s knees!