It’s been another busy week on Emmet Street. A big “Thank you!” to everyone who came out to see us Saturday at The Flea at the Evaporator Works in Hudson. Christine is still recovering from all the fun, but she’ll be back in the soap lab soon. (She can’t stay away for long.)
As for me, I kicked off the summer season with a trip to a music festival where I hung out with friends, enjoyed some good music (I particularly liked the band Trigger Hippy, a bit of a musical supergroup featuring Joan Osborne on vocals) and was entertained by the dance stylings of those in possession of lighted hula hoops (they’re not just for ravers anymore).
Now on to more important information!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Neon polka dot soap – This bright, fun soap reminds me a bit of the trippy light displays I saw last weekend. It’s also a unique way to work with the melt and pour soap making technique.
- Swirl pattern soap – I’m swirling, twirling and enjoying the mood the swirl pattern in this soap creates.
- Flowers “painted” on soap – This soap reminds me of the hippie girls that wore flowers in their hair. It’s also a creative soap decorating technique. I don’t think I have a steady enough hand to pull it off!
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Love campy B-movies featuring out of control animals? – Sharknado is not the only one out there (nor is it the first). Check out these other options to add to your Netflix watch list. They’ll tide you over until Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! airs later this summer.
- Thinking about adding a pet to your household? – Besides thinking about the breed and your lifestyle, the cost of owing a pet is a factor to consider. This information from the ASPCA breaks down the estimated cost of pet ownership. It was definitely and eye opener for me!
- New flavor of bath tea has been created for our summer shows – Lavender and goat milk infused bath teas will soothe the tired and sore muscles that result from too much outdoor fun (and yard work). See us at our next show to get yours! (If you can’t make it, check out our Etsy store.)
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
The unofficial kickoff to summer has me thinking outdoor picnics and barbecues with friends. Aren’t you? If you have weekend plans to hang out with friends (and eat), why not bring potato salad made with vegan mayo to the party?