It’s been another busy week on the Emmet Street! I procrastinated doing yard work by getting a lot of writing projects done and Christine has been busy getting ready for Crafty Mart’s The Mom and Pop Shoppe in Akron on Saturday (our booth will be set up at Musica from 10 AM to 5 PM). Come out and see us and check out the premier of new smells that are not yet available in the Emmet Street Creations Etsy store!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us and usually we share our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.) Since we’re going to be at Crafty Mart on Friday, I thought I’d share some of the goodies we’ll have with us instead.
- Lemongrass and Green Tea – Just what the Buddha ordered to start your day with calm and mental clarity.
- Beachin’ – We’ve still got a way to go before it will be warm enough to sunbathe on the shores of Lake Erie, the scent of this soap will tide you over while you wait.
- Honeysuckle Shea Butter – Once it is warm enough to hit the beach, the honeysuckle will be in bloom, too! This is one of my favorite scents and the natural shea butter keeps your skin moisturized.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, you may have missed out on the celebration of National Library Week! Since we’re big fans of the public library, we were celebrating! Here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Drop and give me 20 (minutes of reading) – April 12 is Drop Everything and Read Day. We, of course, quietly celebrated.
- It’s a little-known fact that National Library Week is celebrated by showing feats of strength (in architecture) – Here are some innovative and beautiful libraries. (It’s on my bucket list to see the Skywalker Ranch library, but I believe tours are strictly invitation only. So, if anyone can make that happen for me…)
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
I’m so excited it’s finally spring that I’m feeling a bit fruity! Check out this post about the benefits of using banana in your skin care regimen. There will be oodles of fresh strawberries in your local grocery or farmers’ market soon why not whip up a gluten free, vegan strawberry pie with a pecan-oat crust? It’s delicious.