Happy Monday! It’s been a busy week on Emmet Street. I traveled to my homeland to spend a long weekend with my family and, since it was Easter, Christine ate her weight in hrudka (and maybe some chocolate bunnies), don’t judge.
Now that we’re full of vim and vigor, we’re gearing up for the local bazaars, fairs and fleas the summer season brings. Our season kickoff is in Akron on April 25. We’ll be at The Mom & Pop Shoppe hosted by Crafty Mart–the perfect place to find handcrafted soap (and other goodies) for Mother’s and Father’s Day gifting. Mark your calendar and come out to check out what’s new (rumor has it there will be items that are not available in the Etsy store)!
On to links we want to share with you!
There are so many creative soap makers that inspire us. Check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Wake up and smell the coffee (scented soap) – I wonder if the scent wakes you up like a cup of joe? Even if it doesn’t, I’m sure this soap from Handmade in Florida smells divine. I love the swirl pattern and use of metallic pigments, too.
- Soap with a woodgrain pattern – This clever woodgrain design from Soap & Restless brings the outdoors (minus dirt and bugs) in.
- Gardener’s soap – Once I get out in my garden, I’ll need an exfoliating soap to get all the dirt and muck off my hands. This soap from The Soap Queen would certainly do the job, without drying out my skin.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Aromatherapy can reduce stress and give you energy – Glad to see the Cleveland Clinic is on board with aromatherapy. I keep small vials of lavender essential oil to promote calm and eucalyptus essential oil to promote energy and clear thinking at my desk. Sometimes it works.
- Dairy-free cheese – There’s a nut milk cheese movement happening, people! This is exciting news for me since I love cheese, but my tummy doesn’t. The soy and oil-based vegan cheeses I’ve tried were not fantastic, so this news renews my hope (and inspires me to start tinkering in the kitchen).
- Slide the City is coming to northeast Ohio – Heavens to Murgatroyd, a giant water slide! This looks like a tsunami of fun.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
Spring (and all the Easter candy I’ve eaten lately) as me thinking about epic salads again. Looking for inspiration? Check out Christine’s experiment with mason jar salad and this delicious Meyer lemon salad dressing.