Image credit: Formulary 55
Even though yesterday was Easter, it felt more like Christmas on Emmet Street! I got a new toy for the soap lab: a soap planer and beveler from CDA Soap Works. I tried it as soon as I opened the box and I absolutely love it. It creates nice flat sides and beveled edges that will give my soaps a polished finish. It’s going to be very useful as I prep for my first maker event this year: Mom & Pop Shoppe sponsored by Crafty Mart. Mark your calendars to come to Musica in Akron and see me on April 25th!
There are so many creative soap makers we are inspired by, check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Multi-bar soap cutter – A multi-bar soap cutter is a useful tool for small batch soap makers, a few more successful maker fairs and I hope to treat myself to one. My biceps will thank me if I do.
- Roll, roll, roll your soap – This soap by Soap & Restless leaves me mesmerized. And craving a cinnamon roll.
- Bourbon and vanilla scented shea butter soap – Looking for groomsmen gifts? I imagine this soap from Formulary 55 smells very manly (though I wouldn’t mind using it, too). And, the packaging is adorable.
Good, clean fun
Are you a fan of Instagram? Me, too! You can find us there @emmetstreet. Follow Emmet Street Creations and you’ll be treated to outtakes from the soap lab and other (mis)adventures. Here’s a few:
- A peek into the soap lab – Ah, the glamorous life of handcrafted soap making.
- Contributing to cat internet domination – Isn’t she the absolute cutest?
- A pretty sunset stroll – Now that spring has sprung in northeast Ohio, I’ll be getting out more and taking lovely pics like this. (Fewer cat pictures may result.)
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
National Grilled Cheese Day is April 12! Check out this love letter to tomato soup and grilled cheese (one of my favorite comfort foods). Looking for a sweet toasted bread treat? Why not try these vegan french toast recipes? You’ll be glad you did.