It’s been another busy week here on Emmet Street. I took a quick trip to Houston to visit old friends, eat a little Tex-Mex and enjoy warmer weather. Christine’s been busy playing catch up, scouring the web for soap inspiration for her next session in the soap lab and trying not be jealous that I was off enjoying 75-degree temperatures and reacquainting myself with the sun. We’ve also been sharing fun finds. Check ’em out!
There are so many creative soap makers we are inspired by, check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Tiger Stripe – The pop of pink in this soap from Soap, Soup and Everything in Between is gorgeous.
- Bacon Soap – Think Geek takes the idea that everything is better with bacon a bit far, don’t you think? The tin it comes in is adorable, though.
- How to make a flower design on cold process soap – This is a really cool technique from Lovin’ Soap. Christine sees a test session in the soap lab in her future.
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Vegetarian tuna sandwich recipe – Looking to find a good, meatless sandwich for Lenten season and beyond? This vegetarian tuna sandwich looks delicious.
- This dog is terrible at catching food – I thought every day was National Puppy Day, but I guess it’s officially celebrated March 23. Here’s one of the eleven billion “dogs doing funny things” videos on YouTube. I have never known a dog that is bad at catching food, but there are exceptions to every rule. This video proves it. Hilariously.
- Christine treated herself to a new gadget for the soap lab – Her first experiment making a batch of a customer favorite, Crisp Pear, had a successful result. It’s on the curing rack and will available in our Etsy store in about five weeks. The waiting is the hardest part of the handcrafted soap making process!
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
It snuck up on me… Easter’s next weekend! I’ll probably be traveling to my homeland, but if you’re hosting Easter Dinner, why not honor Christine’s Slovak heritage and serve this Easter Egg Cheese Ball (a.k.a. Hrudka)? It’s pretty popular around here.
I’ve been craving tacos since my Texas trip, but I know I need to get back to my healthy eating habits. This meatless taco filling will be on the menu soon.