It’s been another busy week here on Emmet Street. We’ve recovered from Daylight Saving Time and are very happy to see sunshine in northeast Ohio. Christine has been busy working her biceps by slicing new batches of handcrafted soap. She’s also joined the grow your own mushrooms movement and become an independent mushroom farmer. (I wonder if she’ll use her crop to make a batch of creamy vegan mushroom soup?) As for me, last week I took time to enjoy a performance by the Cleveland Orchestra and round up fun things to share with you!
There are so many creative soap makers we are inspired by, check out some of our favorite finds on Pinterest! (Are we pinning buddies there? We should be.)
- Feather pattern embed in soap – The sun is shining and birds are chirping. Why not remind yourself by using a handcrafted soap with a feather pattern embedded in it? You’d have a little bit of spring in every shower. MINIs Seifen pulls this technique off with ease.
- Beer soap – St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow. Will you be celebrating with a pint? Great Cakes Soapworks will show you how to use leftover beer in your soapmaking. (Presuming you have leftover beer to use.)
- Bunny soap – Easter is coming soon. These adorable bunny soaps from Crimson Hill Soapworks look like Easter Peeps (but they probably aren’t as tasty).
Good, clean fun
If you’re not following us on Facebook, here’s some of the fun you missed:
- Christine bought the (mushroom) farm – Early results indicate she’ll be as good at mushroom farming as she is at making handcrafted soap.
- Restocking the Emmet Street Creations Etsy store – Customers love our orange, lavender and rosemary mint scents! New batches of handcrafted soap are on the curing rack now (and the soap lab smells fantastic).
- How well do you know the U.S. Presidents? – Can you pick the Presidents from this list of names before the timer runs out? This quiz has been making me crazy. I finally had to give up when my top score reached 40 of 43. I do have a life to live.
Previous musings from Emmet Street you might have missed
- I spotted the first sign of spring: crocus blooms! Fingers crossed snowy weather will stay away for good.
- Now that sunnier weather has arrived, I’ve been wanting salad for lunch. Maybe I’ll whip up a batch of Meyer lemon salad dressing and make my salad extra special.
- Making plans for warm weather activities? Why not try ziplining? Christine found it to be a thrilling adventure.