Image credit: Bouquet by tibbygirl, on Flickr. CC BY 2.0.
It’s that time of year–wedding season. I don’t know about you, I find the traditional buy-a-gift-from-the-registry-and-call-it-a-day a bit dull. Though I do want the happy couple to get the things they’ve decided would be useful in their new household, I like to try get a little Martha with it and make my gift giving a little more personal.
Here are a few ideas to get your imagination started:
- The bride wants some luxurious new bath towels? Why not package them in a basket with a lovely soap dish and a selection of handcrafted soaps? Maybe a Soap-pi sample pack or two?
- The bride longs for a fancy teapot? Why not include a set of matching tea cups, assorted herbal teas and some Lavender Bath Tea? The bride can soak away the stresses of the day in the tub and follow her bath with a relaxing cuppa.
- The groom jazzed for a juicer? Include a nifty juice pitcher and fill it with a selection of citrus-scented soaps (like Soap a l’orange and Citrus Clouds) to get nose excited to put it to use.
- Giving the happy couple a fancy vase to hold all the anniversary flowers that will be coming? Fill it with flower power! Roses, honeysuckle and lavender make a fragrant bouquet.
- Need a gift for a bachelorette party? Bring some chilled champagne and glasses and wish the bride much love and luck in married life.
Brides, your bridal party and out-of-town wedding guests need goodie bags, too! Emmet Street Creations has lots of scents and colors of handcrafted soap available in the Etsy store. Want something custom-made for your wedding? We can help you with that, too! Use the “Contact Shop Owner” button in the Etsy store to tell Christine your vision and she can offer her expertise to help make it happen! (Note: Handcrafted soap–like fine wine and cheese–needs time to age and requires a minimum 8 to 10 weeks notice from great idea to finished product.)
So what about you? What are your tips for making bridal show and wedding gifts more personal? Please share–I’m always on the lookout for new ideas!