Since the entire internet is buzzing with “best of the year” lists, Christine and I had a meeting of the minds and decided to present to you The Most Memorable Internet Videos of 2013.*
We couldn’t agree on the top 13, so we each made our own lists. I’ll start. Enjoy!
- Oscar the Grouch vs. Grumpy Cat – This video made me smile. Ocsar and GC probably would hate that.
- The Prancercise Lady – Even John Mayer wanted her to help him feel prancy!
- The Guy Waking Up From Anethesia – You’re my wife?!? Funny and sweet.
- The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) – Christine loves this. I still don’t get it, though I did enjoy Morgan Freeman’s artistic interpretation.
- The Camp Gyno – The Red Badge of Courage! I dare any woman to say she didn’t relate to at least one item in this video.
- Miley Cyrus on the VMAs – Hey, I didn’t claim it was a “best” videos list, just memorable. I wish I couldn’t remember this. I am not including a link to the video in protest of the brain power that was destroyed by saving this data.
- Diana freakin’ Nyad – Never, ever give up, indeed.
- This little girl who signed the songs for her deaf partents during her school holiday concert – I can’t get enough of her sweet silliness.
The remaining videos on my list were not released in 2013, but I have watched them (some several times), loved them and remembered them. My list, my rules people.
(Warning: If you’re unfamiliar with TED Talks, don’t click on these links until you have hours of time to waste. I get sucked into the vortex of watching more videos than I planned because they’re so darn good.)
- Jane Austen’s Fight Club – Too absurd to keep to myself.
- Susan Cain: The power of introverts – I hope the country really starts embracing these ideas. Quietly, of course.
- Elizabeth Gilbert: Your elusive creative genius – Show up. Do your part. The rest will take care of itself.
- Brene Brown: The power of vulnerabilty – I’d tell you what I think of this talk, but I’m not ready to be that vulnerable.
- Kirby Ferguson: Embrace the remix – Truth.
Check back Monday to see the 13 videos that made new neural pathways in Christine’s brain…
*Christine and I made up this list. Our definition of “memorable” means we actually remember watching these videos in 2013.